We are casting our nets out to across Atlantic Canada!
Blackbush Resort is currently hiring across all sectors.
Would you like your new work setting to be next to a warm sandy oceanside beach ?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and motivated by unleashing the potential in others?
If so, apply now to help open one of the most exciting beachfront patio restaurants in Atlantic Canada.
Your journey awaits you.
Please submit your interest and resume here:
$50,000 to $65,000 annually, plus performance-based bonus. This is a year-round, permanent job at Blackbush Resort.
FiN is our easy-going bayside spot, serving casual seafood classics using local products. As a general manager, you are responsible for all FiN operations. We are looking to create a FUN and upbeat atmosphere. Our goal is to be known as “North Shore’s Best Take-Away Spot”, giving customers not only a meal, but an experience. Being part of our team means being part of something new, innovative, and incomparable. In connection with all BLACKBUSH properties, we strive to provide our guests with a cohesive and memorable stay that is second to none. This position participates in back and front of house management, focusing on ensuring facilities and staff are providing an exceptional experience.
Resort Operations Manager
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the restaurant
- Recruit staff and oversee training for the kitchen, counter, and seating area, to ensure proper service levels, food quality, and atmosphere
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance, provide feedback to improve productivity
- Responsible for sourcing, ordering, and keeping inventory of all requirements for the business
- Work with the Fish Market, Blackbush Resort, and the local community to source product
- Spearhead the creation of a small, but exceptional menu including seafood, non-seafood, and a few children’s items
- Ensure entirety of menu is served to an exceptional standard
- Create and maintain an atmosphere that is fun and upbeat
- Resolve customer complaints and seek feedback
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Oversee staff and guests, assisting in the kitchen or with food and beverage service when necessary
- Uphold the values of Blackbush Resort, Outstanding Service, Local Products and Employees, Sustainability, and Environmental Considerations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Carry out any operational tasks, cleaning, stocking, maintenance if able
- Implement and customize the POS system for optimal performance, including online ordering
- Conduct opening/closing of restaurant, handle any applicable paperwork
- Measure and control costs
- Manager may assign other tasks
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Average revenue per customer (ARC)
- Labour and food cost
- Positive customer feedback
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and over-time
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, organizational ability, high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Team oriented
- Strong observation and listening skills
- Knowledge of food and beverage health and safety guidelines
- High-energy with a positive and passionate attitude
- Completion of hospitality or food and beverage management program an asset
- Extensive knowledge of restaurant software systems
- Secondary School Completion
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in food service sector, management role
- Responsible Beverage Service Certificate
- SERVSAFE or equivalent certification
FIN take-away is an easy-going beachside restaurant serving fun and delicious seafood classics. FIN offers an exciting culinary experience just steps away from the warm water and sand of Tracadie Beach. We believe in using fresh, local products that bring social, economic, and environmental sustainability to our region. Open May 21st until October 15th, 2022 FIN will serve the needs of our community as part of Blackbush Resort.
Blackbush Resort is an eco-friendly establishment situated on the North Shore of Prince Edward Island. The resort offers a spectacular all-encompassing view of Tracadie Bay, Blackbush Island and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Founded as a social enterprise, Blackbush seeks to provide unrivaled service and experience with the intent to benefit the wellness of our guests, community, and environment.
THE BLACKBUSH WAY
We believe every employee is part of the fabric of Blackbush. We are building this from the ground up, not just the buildings, but the team of people who will breathe life into them. Everyone will play a role in creating this resort: unique, special, unforgettable.