Cod Fish Chowder
You'll say "OMC!" (Oh My Cod) to this hearty comfort food recipe... so simple!
- Sauce Pan
- 1 lbs Fresh Cod
- ¼ cup Diced Celery
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups Maple Bloom Farm locally sourced Potatoes (raw)
- ¾ cup thin slice onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup carrots
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Cut fillets into bite size pieces.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and saute onion.
- Add celery until limp.
- Add potatoes, carrots, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add fish and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add milk and reheat. DO NOT BOIL.
Other types of fish can be used. Adding lobster, scallops makes it superb as well as thickening with milk mixed with a little flour.